Over 3,500 people supported by the Youth Information Chat service
The Youth Information Chat service has published the 2021 Impact Report, highlighting the achievements and milestones for the service last year.
- There were 3,546 conversations with people about the issues that mattered to them
- On average, people waited just 15 seconds to speak to a Youth Information Officer
- There were complex queries with the average chat taking 13 minutes 29 seconds
- The service provided national coverage, online and available for over 978 hours
- More than 568,000 people reached through social media advertising
Youth Information Chat offers information, advice and guidance about the issues that matter to young people. It is a free, non-judgemental, one-to-one, online chat and email service for young people. The majority of people who contact Youth Information Chat are young people aged 16 – 25 years old. Youth Information Chat is available to all young people aged 16 – 25 years old, parents, guardians, friends, family and those working with young people. The service is staffed by Youth Information Officers from Crosscare, YMCA and Youth Work Ireland. Youth Information Officers aim to enable young people to make their own informed choices and become independent and active citizens through accessible information sharing.
The service is open Monday to Friday from 4:00 – 8:00 PM (excluding Bank Holidays). Outside of those hours, young people can leave a message at any time, day or night, and we will reply to them by email during our opening hours. To get information, advice and guidance about the issues that matter to you, contact the Youth Information Chat service at www.spunout.ie/question