The ‘Unlocking your Potential (UP) project will target a small cohort of 16-25 year old’s not currently in education, training or employment, to help them to achieve their potential.
The aim of the project will be to initially build on participants’ personal development, resilience and coping skills and when appropriate provide training options to promote employment or further education opportunities.
- It is a Personal Youth Development Programme designed to meet the needs of young people on an individual basis.
- There will be a focus on intensive one to one work with these young people.
- Support will be provided to them on a 5 day week and on-call support provided as and when needed.
- The programme is based in and around Letterkenny, Finn Valley and Barnesmore Gap areas.
- It is accessible to 16-25 year olds
- It is funded by IFI
- The programme & its budget are managed by Donegal Youth Service Project Staff
- The Personal Youth Development Programme (PYDP) was launched in late 2015 within the Fund’s Community Consolidation – Peace Consolidation 2016-2020 Strategy.
- The Programme aims to help young people build and develop life skills that foster good relations, build confidence and resilience and make them more employable.
- PYDP projects are designed at a local level, engaging with the referral systems to provide accredited and non-accredited opportunities in Good Relations, Personal Development, Employability/Education Skills Development and Community/Social Development.
- Referrals can be made by contacting project staff – Michelle Wylam, 085 2519287, michelle.wylam@
donegalyouthservice.ie or Helen Simms, 085 8891014, helen.simms@ donegalyouthservice.ie.
This project is funded by:
International fund for Ireland