There’s Lots on for Young People at LOFT!
LOFT (Learning Opportunities For Teens) at Donegal Youth Service have just released their programme for the next few months, and it’s full of various activities and groups for young people to get involved in.
Young people can join various groups, avail of one-to-one support, take part in free training, summer programmes, enjoy the drop-in space and make new friends.
Frankie McGreevy, LOFT Youth Worker said “We offer an excellent array of fun and educational activities as well as offering support for young people to help them deal with life’s challenges. We work with all young people 12 to 18 and 18 to 24 where there is a need.”
Some of the work is ongoing such as one-to-one listening ear support, help with relationships – understanding the difference between a good relationship and an abusive one, maths tutoring, and family support – working with families and linking with other services to provide support to young people.
What’s on at LOFT?
- Tuesday 5-6pm ‘Fit for Life’ – a sports programme to help everyone become more active.
- Wednesday 6-8pm ‘World Wide Voices’ – Providing a welcoming environment to young people from all over the world, includes training and support programmes.
- Thursday 4.30-6pm ‘Art Group’ – Helping young people to have fun and enjoy art in a relaxing environment.
- Thursday 6-8pm ‘Tea and Tunes’ – Offering young people an opportunity to perform music with their friends.
- Friday 3.30-5pm ‘Leadership Training’ – Opportunities to practice and learn leadership skills and to have your voice heard in society.
- Friday 5-7pm ‘Maths Grinds’ – both Junior and Leaving Cert level
- Saturdays bi-weekly 2-4pm ‘Donegal Young Carers’ – Providing support for Young people who have extra caring responsibilities.
A free space for young people to meet friends in a comfortable safe environment. The drop-in is supervised by friendly staff and volunteers.
Wednesday – Thursday 12-8pm
Next Steps – a programme to help sixth class students make a successful move to secondary school.
For more information please contact us! LOFT Youth Project & Health Advice Café is a support service for young people to engage themselves in activities, personal development programmes and overcome difficulties in their lives. Pop in to 16-18 Port Road Letterkenny, call 074 91 29630, email email@example.com, or find LOFT on Instagram and Facebook.
The LOFT is jointly managed by Donegal Youth Service and Foróige and is funded by TUSLA.