Lots on for Young People at LOFT this Autumn
The LOFT have just released their autumn programme, and there really is something for everyone. There is a wide range of free programmes, groups and activities to suit different ages and interests. From music, to movie nights, fitness, accredited training, one to one support, retro gaming nights and much more.
LOFT provides young people with an opportunity to make new friends, learn new skills and improve their confidence and self esteem. Young people who have never taken part in any programmes before are invited to get involved and try something new. The Covid-19 pandemic has had a big impact on young people’s lives, but Donegal Youth Service hope to give young people something to look forward to each week.
Gareth Gibson (Youth Information Manager at Donegal Youth Service) states: “We are committed to doing everything we can to provide a quality service to the young people and families in Donegal. The Loft project, a partnership between Donegal Youth Service and Foroige would love to see more and more new faces joining in some of our very interesting programmes that are lined up for the Autumn, which I have no doubt will offer young people some much needed social interaction as well as opportunities to boost their confidence and resilience, and have some great fun along the way.”
Donegal Youth Service projects and programmes continue to operate throughout Level 3 in line with the schools and the Department of Children and Youth Affairs guidelines for youth work. We are following all public health guidelines and continue to operate our service in the safest possible way.
- Girls/Boys Group: New personal development groups for young people ages 12-15years. Socialise and gain confidence through group activities, music, art, games. Meet new people and learn new skills!
- Fit 4 Life: Keep your fitness up with our weekly sports and games taking place at the Aura Leisure Centre. Ages 12-24years.
- World Wide Voices: Is a group to meet other young people from different cultures and backgrounds. Ages 12-24years.
- Young Carers: A group for young people aged 12-24 that might have extra caring responsibilities at home. Connect with others, feel understood, chill out and have fun!
- Tea & Tunes: The name says it all – Lots of tea and music by and for the young people. No music ability necessary. 12-18years.
- Leadership Programme: Gain leadership skills and have the opportunity to gain a NUIGalway accreditation through our new online leadership group.
- Drop In Event Nights: We’re open late every Friday night, until 9pm. And we’ll be hosting a different event every week including pool competitions, movie nights, quizzes, retro gaming nights etc.
- Saturday Drop In: Open 2pm-6pm, The Loft is free for young people to come and hang out, meet up with their friends, meet new people, talk to a youth worker, play pool or listen to music and just chill.
- One to One Support: The Loft can also provide additional one to one support for young people, with a member of our youth work team.
For more information or to sign up you can contact LOFT on Instagram or Facebook, call 0749129630 or email a LOFT staff member directly: www.donegalyouthservice.ie/who-we-are/the-team The LOFT, Donegal Youth Service, 16-18 Port Road, Letterkenny.
The LOFT is funded by TUSLA and jointly managed by Donegal Youth Service and Foroige.